Friday 21 December 2007

Hoarding Windsurfing Stuff: Boards

What I have really been doing this week, perusing the internet for windsurfing stuff, I am planning on trying to steal my dads van and go on a venture to Europe so am slowly getting my windsurfing kit up to speed, by buying kit to slowly mold my quiver to let me sail in any conditions.

The plan is to slowly hoard things when they are cheap and then sell the kit that I don't need, however so far it has involved in a lot of looking at buying stuff and becoming emotionally attached to my current stuff that "cant be worth that much" and "is probably not worth selling any way".

So far I have bought a 2007 67 Litre Tabou la Carve thats been used once and bought for less than a third its current retail value however this was still over budget, a 67 Litre wave board is a really really small for most people, but luckily I am small so it is just quite small for me.

I now have created a budgeting system so this cant happen again, sounds good I know but sadly it consisted of a bit of paper I lost in a gust (some may say ironically) walking to someones house to look at a mast i couldn't afford.

As well as my new board, I also own a 2005 103 Litre Mistral Joker (thats currently being re gripped in south London) for those of you that know stuff thats the spotty graphics year, for those of you that do not Its spotty, which is a light to medium wind flat water freestyle board.

I am also planning on saving some more money and selling my 2004 79 Litre F2 Style 245 and in staid obtaining a Freestyle Wave cross over board of around 85 Litres. There are some key problems with this:

1. I don't have a Job
2. buying things comes allot more naturally to me than selling stuff as I was explaining earlier.
3. also I was explaining to my house mate Jeff in detail that the winter is a buyers market as people are up grading kit from 2007 to the 2008 and therefore selling stuff and at the same time, also it being cold and horrible fewer people feeling exited about buying new windsurfing stuff.

So any way I have put my board for sale on http://www.boards.co.uk/clsfds/index.asp?searchtype=boards my other plan is that my dad may wont to buy my board as a windy weather board for him.

I am continuing the pursuit for an affordable freestyle wave, I have my eyes on a Fanatic FreeWave 86 at the moment as I used one in greece and it was really cool.

However if I'm going to be come a windsurf, kite surf, and surf bum, I should get nice stuff as I will be able to use it more than ever before, however the more I spend the the less I have to stay bumming for longer, so am going to find a balance some where.

That bring me on to the last two board realted things that I "need" a surf board, I'm enjoying the 6'10" Flying Carpet at the moment but waiting for a cheap one and more advice.

I am also trying to get a cheap Turf Dog for something to do in light winds and to practice on land, both this and the surf board are long term projects as I know less about these avenues of boards.

No comments: