Friday 21 December 2007

Hoarding Windsurfing Stuff: Sails

As well as my plan to upgrade my board base, I have a similar plan with my sails, as I have a large gap in sail size between my 4.7m2 2004 North Super Star (the pink starry one with the cool star off the leach which matches my style board that I'm trying to sell) and my 4m2 2005 Super Star Which is a really nice sail.

As well as this annoying gap, my 4.7 is also slowly dying so need to up grade really but sadly its another one of those things that gets into the category of "not really worth selling, its not worth much and might wont it one day" for example "when" i get my turf dog will need a old sail to put on it. As well as the decrepitness, apparently Its nice to have sails all the same style so when you change size you don't go from a small powerful one to a bigger less powerful one (you know the gaps between your sails are equal) sadly this doesn't fit in with my buying things when there cheap plan.

The Plan

I am going to try and sell unless dad wonts a invest in my 2005 (cool blue metallic) 5.3m2Neil pride Zone sail as well as maybe my 4.7 (I'm undecided, see above paragraph). I am aiming to keep my nice 4m2 and maybe my 2005 5.9m2 North disco (this is a nice sail but is the only sail i have that does not fit on my 4m mast).

With the buying part of my plan I am aiming to get hopefully Gaastra Manics in the sizes of 4.5m and 5m with future plans to get a 3.5 and a 5.5 but this is not essential, these to are with my sub plan of selling my 5.9 and getting a Naish boxer or session that fits on a 4m mast this means I could also sell my 430 mast but again "not really worth selling, its not worth much and might wont it one day".

As you have probably noticed all this planning spending as well as finding money to run a van, pay for food and ferry costs as well as the lack of selling things may result in me having to work for a little while before I go or get a few jobs en route.

However doing a normal temping job for a week (all be it probably not that fun after the first hour) earning £5.50 a hour working 9am-5pm for 6 days you could earn £246 which is almost one really amazing second hand sails or food for five weeks or over half of a nice board (or a whole surf board!)! And even better last time i looked most jobs paid £6.50 a hour which means a weekly wage of £312, which is more than £246.

As I said before if your heading off to the yonder to go windsurfing all the time (I have convinced my self anyway) Its worth getting nice stuff (better having it now than when you have a bad back and have to work all the time (I have no current plans to work all the time ever at them moment). (but neither do I a bad back)

No comments: