Friday 11 January 2008

The LIST!

I thought it would be best if I wrote a list of things I wont to achieve over the summer, so I have some kind of plan/ aim. Any way I should use my SMART goal setting form sailing squad at some point any way.

S = Specific
M = Measurable
A = Attainable
R = Realistic
T = Time scale

So my provisional SMART goals are, by the end of the summer (1st October):

a) Off the water
1. 2.2 or higher degree in Geology with Oceanography
2. still own some money
3. learn how to use my camera (be able to choose aperture etc. setting and some photo editing)
4. have a plan for the winter
5. sell all not needed stuff (e.g. my kitesurf kites, boards, synth, and other stuff I find when I move out)
6. have a plan to earn money in a timely but fun way (if not included in winter plan)
7. learn at least 3 more guitar songs, and write down a joe/rob classic

b) On the water
1. Be able to surf competently in most conditions and on a 6.2 or under short board.
2.Be able to do a kitesurfing back loop and forward loop, and at least one board off maneuver, and surf switch
3. Reach level of ability need for a kitesurfing instructor.
4.Windsurf in most wave conditions
5.On flat water be able to plane through 90% of gybes, forward loop, Vulcan, flaka and at least one move on port tack.
6. Learn at least 2 old school moves and 2 new gybes
7. On waves, start to attempt back loops, table tops (at least donkey kick) and ponch attempts and be able to jump white water off the lip.

as well as this goals list I am thinking about a what do I wont to achieve from the trip list.

No comments: